The sign up thread will stay open until cast on day, Friday 17th July. The chat will then move to the BritYarn group. After the first week the chat will move, on Friday 26th July, to the KnitBritish group. We will then alternate the chat each week until the KAL ends on Friday 25th September.
There will be a virtual cast on cast on party which you are all most warmly invited to. This will be hosted on Twitter, Instagram and Ravelry. More details will be announced very soon.
There are a few simple rules for the Scollayalong KAL:
- You need to be a member of the BritYarn and KnitBritish Ravelry groups.
- We are all knitting the Scollay cardigan by Karie Westermann.
- Sign ups take place in the KnitBritish Ravelry group.
- Cast on Friday 17th July. Of course you can swatch away before hand but you must not start your cardigan before the 17th.
- To be eligible for prizes all finished Scollay's must be entered in the Scollay FO Thread in the KnitBritish Ravelry group before the end of the KAL, Friday 25th September.
- You can use any yarn to make your Scollay. There will be an additional prize for the best Scollay made using wool grown in Britain (Britain includes the Falklands).
|Scollay Cardigan |
Image used with kind permission from
Both Louise and I can't wait to hear what you are planning to knit your Scollay's in. I have decided to knit mine in Blacker Yarns Lyonesse and Louise is going to be knitting hers in Toft DK. We looking forward to chatting with you all in the sign up thread over the coming weeks and hearing about your Scollay plans.